Monday, January 4, 2010

Guess What? I Can See You


Personally, I see no problem with google street view at all. Google has already done something similar to this with satellite view and google earth, and frankly, I think that anyone thats bothered by any of these features has one too many secrets to keep. I think features like these are extremely useful to tourists or anybody that is unfamiliar with any of their destinations. Think about it this way. It's a free world. If I have the right to drive by and look at any house that I want to, then why wouldn't I be able to look at that house on the internet. If the problem is that you don't want your face to be shown without your knowledge, or you're worried that people will try to use information like your liscence plate to follow you, then you don't need to worry, since google has blurred out these privacies. However, if it bothers you that people can see your house, or maybe able to see you in plubic, then you really will never feel comfortable in our world. If celeberties are allowed to be harrassed and stalked for a few measly pictures, then it's unreasonable to disagree with google street view. I searched up my house and a couple of my friends's houses. Frankley, although most people are no where to be seen, the people that are there can barely be identified. In my opinion, there is absolutely no way street view can harm anyone, and if we're going to evolve techonoligcally, big advances like these must be made. Street view doesn't mean people can see you inside your house. It's just another way to see places and things that would be possible to see in real life too, but for convinience, you can see them online.

3 comments:

  1. Your title is funny Cris. And I think that you have a good point when you say that "Its a free world". and its very convenient too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I have the right to drive by and look at any house that I want to, then why wouldn't I be able to look at the house on the internet?"

    Great point, Cris. Using Street View is basically driving on the road virtually. Even if people hide their identity, they are always seen wherever they go. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If celeberties are allowed to be harrassed and stalked for a few measly pictures, then it's unreasonable to disagree with google street view.

    agreed, celebrities never have any privacy, so you as a person can't say anything, google street view might get a single picture of you with a blurred out face. NOBODY IS GOING TO KNOW ITS YOU AND NOBODY CARES. :]

    ReplyDelete